Everyone talks about it but how do you do it?
- First and most important, you have to find a platform to build from
- There are literally hundreds of web services offering web building services
- Also, there are plenty of scams…loads and loads of them
- Key thing is research. Talk to someone who HAS built a successful website and making money from it.
- Consider the cost. There is no such thing as a “FREE” website, contrary to what you may hear.
- You have to buy a domain, or a website name
- Again, there are dozens of sites that offer domain purchases. Some will offer a free domain if you host with them
- Then you have to find a “hosting” service that will launch your new site
- That same hosting service will generally offer a web building service or tools
Do a Google search for a service
- Blue host: www.bluehost.com
- Host Gator: www.hostgator.com
- Network Solutions: networksolutions.com
- GoDaddy: www.godaddy.com
- Wealthy Affiliate (My favorite and you’ll see why later)
- This is just to name a few – there are many more!
Some offer a free trial period
Take it! Before you commit to months or years of expensive service that is not what you want, try it. If you can’t try it, don’t buy it!
- Do reviews
- See what others are saying about the service
- If it sounds too good to be true, it’s probably too good to be true!
- There is no free lunch! You are going to have to spend a little (at least) money to get a website up and running.
- It is going to require some of your time – Rome was not built in a day.
- Takes a lot of persistence and patience – you must stick with it.
- You cannot be easily discouraged… be determined to succeed!
Work smarter, not harder!
- Think before you act
- Don’t be impulsive
- Be innovative
- Got to be creative
- Study systems – see what others are doing
Before you lay out hard-earned money for a scam, think it through. Ask questions. What are others doing with this program? Is this working for others?
Don’t rush to judgment. Take your time. Contrary to what people tell you, the deal won’t disappear tomorrow. Today is not the last day – if it is, let it die! Sleep on it. Talk to your companion or a dear friend about it. Listen to what you hear.
Be innovative. Invent a better mousetrap – yes, it can be done. Thomas Edison found out 999 ways to NOT invent the light bulb. Research the best computer, the best desk, best chair, the best software. I went through bunches of time saving devices before I found a very simple, yet very effective time management software.
Got to be creative – ask yourself, is there a better way to do this? Can I eliminate 2 steps out of the process? If I DON’T do this, what happens? Keep asking yourself why it is this way? Create the perfect website by trial and error. If it doesn’t work, don’t keep on doing it. It has been said that insanity is to keep doing the same thing and expecting different results!
The internet is full of ideas and systems. Many of them you can try for a week, or 30 days, or a couple days. I like the “try before you buy” method. What is working for others? If many have tried a keyword and it hasen’t worked, don’t go down that same path.
Making money on the internet
- Means you provide a product or service and people pay you for it
- Your website must attract people – look good – key words
- Is there a market for my product or service on the internet? Let’s look and see:
In the USA alone, there are over 300 million people on the internet – is that big enough? Well there are literally Billions on the internet around the world.
Did you know there are over one and a half BILLION websites in the world? You’ve got to offer something that stands out from the crowd. It is often said that you have to be one in a million – NO – you have to be one in over a BILLION!
How can I possibly reach this many people when so many are already trying? So, of the over one and half billion websites, how many of them are successful? That’s the secret – you must be different! You must be unique and you can’t do that without taking time to do it and spending some money to do it – you’re only fooling yourself.
If you fall for the “easy money,” “Free website” scams, I can promise you after over 20 years chasing the internet rainbow, you will fail! No ifs, buts or maybes, you WILL fail.
You can’t be good – you have to be better!
Good, better, best, until your good gets better and your better gets best!
There is no second chance to make a good first impression.
You have about 10 seconds to capture someone’s attention on your site, so it had better be the best!
Okay, so HOW do I do it without spending a fortune?
I have shared several things in this article. There is just no easy way to do it. There really is no free lunch.
You are going to have to decide if you want to spend the time and money to make this work for you – no shortcuts!
But, is there a better way without having to invest in several failed attempts and spending a fortune doing it? YES – take the advice of someone who has spent a fortune, wasted tons of time and has reached the age of 81 years old before finding what I feel is the BEST, if not only the least expensive way of doing this.
I think I have tried them all. Are all scams? NO.
- There are enough scams that you will go through a lot of money before you find out.
- You will waste a lot of time searching for that pot of gold, only to find out there is no end to the rainbow!
- Listen to me, an old man who has learned the hard way. Try my way first. Try it without spending a penny!
- Spend just one week getting acquainted, then jump off the diving board.
- If you like it, sail away from the harbor and study the fantastic lessons they offer.
- Without spending a bunch of money (only have to pay for a domain name – $13.95)
- You can build your own website with the tools they offer.
Are there any up sells?
Yes, only one. My head swims when I look at some “Free” websites – then you join. Next is a $49 special, only offered at this very minute – choose or lose. So you choose – Just today! – if you only spend $199 you can get a better website!
Tired already? Okay, again, listen to me! Stop where you are. TRY IT! If you are not 100% happy, leave it and say the old man lied to me! See for yourself:
After over 20 years and thousands of dollars, I have finally in my old age found a home…not on the range, but on the internet. Been here for over a year (I just signed up for my second year). Not going anywhere else – Finished with the illusive dream.
I have planted my feet under the Wealthy Affiliate table and I ain’t moving! As the old Meineke Muffler commercial said; “I’m not going to pay a lot for this muffler!” I’m not spending any more money on scams and promises.
If you’re sick of it, join me. I assure you, you will not find anything like it on the internet. Come, put your feet under this table with me and make it happen.